Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sauteed Sprout Slaw

I love brussel sprouts. LOVE. They're just so friggin cute and tasty. But I get sick of roasting them every time I make them, so I tried something new this past week.

I got my sprouts from the store in a little mesh bag, but you could also get them by the stalk and cut them up yourself.

Ingredients:
20- 30 medium brussel sprouts, sliced thin
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce

Cook onions and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until onions are soft.
Add brussel sprouts, mix well with onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper (use less salt if you are also using regular sodium soy sauce).
Once sprouts are softened and starting to brown just a bit, add vinegar and soy sauce (you can add more or less as desired). Mix well. Serve.


No comments: